On July 23rd, 2009 WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo.com will be turning two years old. In order to celebrate, I thought it would be nice to have a big giveaway since the reason I keep blogging and the reason this blog keeps growing is because of YOU the reader! Prizes and details are down below, but first a bit of retrospection:
In the first year this blog received 62,731 visitors and this almost tripled to 176,898 in year two. Similarly, “pageviews” increased from 128,144 to 305,626. Cumulatively this means the blog has had 239,629 visitors and 433,770 pages read in total. It’s kind of neat to think that people have read almost half a million pages of my stuff in two years. Regular readership is always increasing too – currently there are 1,341 daily subscribers, 744 of which choose to receive the email updates (sign up here) and 597 of which choose to subscribe using an RSS reader (click to sign up here).
I kind of like the idea of rewarding as many people as possible, so there will be a few prizes up for grabs:
The Royal Canadian Mint produces some spectacular commemorative coins, and this first one commemorates the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games (retail value $54.95).
The second coin commemorates 100 Years of Flight in Canada (retail value $39.95).
I should point out that the face value of each coin is only $1 and I trust the winner will NOT try to spend the coins! :)
Win One of 10 Movies About Money (On DVD):
- Wall Street
- Boiler Room
- Brewster’s Millions
- Ocean’s Eleven (The Original)
- Rogue Trader
- Trading Places
- Glengarry Glen Ross
- Other People’s Money
- Barbarians At The Gate
Win One of 5 Books About Money:
- Findependence Day by Jonathan Chevreau
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder
- The Rookie’s Guide to Options by Mark Wolfinger
- Stocks for the Long Run by Jeremy Siegel
- Four Pillars of Investing by William Bernstein
How To Enter
You may earn multiple entries, each method is as follows:
- You can earn one entry by submitting a comment on this post (maximum of 1 comment), you must include a valid email address in the form, but your email is never shared with anyone.
- You can earn another entry by promoting this contest on your own blog (pingback required).
- You can earn another entry by tweeting the URL of this contest post (Must include @PreetBanerjee in your tweet so I know you tweeted it). Not following me? Click here to follow me on Twitter.
So you can earn up to three entries in this contest, and there are 17 prizes (you can only win once). All winners will have exactly 1 week to claim their prize (I will notify you via email or twitter), or they will forfeit their winnings. The contest runs until midnight (EST) on July 31st, 2009. Prizes will be shipped to addresses in Canada and the USA only. Winners will be drawn at random, and will be first come, first served in terms of prize selection.
GOOD LUCK and thanks for joining me on this blogging journey so far! :)